Saturday, November 19, 2011

What can I do about my mom?

I've been getting into fights with my mom over very stupid arguments. The most recent has been over how much I play world of War craft. She thinks that every moment I spend on the computer is on the "damn game." in reality, I play about 1 1/2 to 2 hours a day on weekdays and about 4hours on weekends. Otherwise I'm looking at guitar tabs, checking my email, YouTube, research for my science competition class( recently entered an essay to dupont), and lots of schoolwork. It's gotten to a point where every time my dad comes home from work he gets to hear a story from my mom about how I've played for 15 hours a day nonstop from the time I've woken up until now. My dad asks me how long i've played and I be honest and tell him 4-5 hours along with any other information about what I was doing. This turns into a fight where my mom just says how im an addict and how it affects my grades(straight A's) and then I try to explain how I had to do a project and was trying to find a tab. I've tried alarm clocks or timing equipment repeatedly to prove my point and she just claims I fudge the results in my favor. I do feel sympathy for her considering she's diabetic and has chronic vertigo from an inner ear disease, but after 3 years of this I've kinda lost all sympathy. I feel very bad for my dad who has to put up with all of this. He said he's ready to rip the computer out of the wall because of the arguing. And when my dad says he will do something he does it. What should I do? I want my mom to stop and so does my dad, but I don't want to give in considering I have been completely honest. I have friends, a condition for black belt in kempo, a girlfriend, and a great grade average and yet my mom thinks I'm a game addict delinquent. Oh and serious answers please, no wow-haters and parents are everything kind of people|||you need to sit her down and talk to her like an adult. but if your not an adult im sorry, there isnt much you can do. I say you deal with the crap, and wait until you move out.|||it's your parents.


parenst are weird.


they take notions to Hating certain things.


theyr worried really but that will always come down to arguments.


if people could talk about what theyr actually thinking instead of being all closed up and not telling the truth it could save Alot of fights.





Dont fight with them.


fighting with parents will never go in ur favour.


just try using the computer a little less for a while?


till it all goes over anyways

No comments:

Post a Comment