Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Which NASCAR driver does the best job of "Crowbarring" his sponsor's name into any interview possible?

For the 18 years I have been a fan it's one of my favorite things to watch. I believe Jeff Gordon (who I hope wins the cup this year) maybe on on a 1000+ interview streak where he said "This Dupont Chevrolet" no matter how happy or sad he is. That is a sponsors dream.





If he were asked: Jeff, do you have a message for the men and women serving our armed forces in Iraq and Afghanistan? Might he say..."They're the real heroes. Hopefully I can bring this #24 DuPont Chevrolet to victory lane for them today"?





or maybe...





Jeff, did you see my toothbrush? "No Honey, but it might be worth a try checking the glove compartment of the #24 DuPont Chevrolet."


But Jeff, I wasn't in your racecar. "I know honey."





Please keep it fun and light|||I've got to say Michael Waltrip! The number of sponsors he gets into one interview is AMAZING!|||I understand your question perfectly. It's not Michael Waltrip because he never get's interviewed before or after a race, trackside. It has to be a contender. So since 1993 the answer is Jeff Gordon. Other option's in the past were Dale Jarrett who did a wonderful job for UPS and Tony Stewart with Home Depot.|||Mikey Waltip and Carl Edwards and Greg Biffle do a great job. and I will even put The Dinger in also when he was on track side one time, he must to have said every single sponsor about 50 times during his little 10 minute segment on the show, he would do any sponsor proud, as he will get your name out a zillion times. Some of the drivers even sound like they practice saying their sponsors name, some of them sound like a speech.





Go Dale Jr %26amp; Hms|||Carl Edwards. Ford loves him.





Last year he run a race on fuel mileage and in the interview he said something like "and man, the Ford Fusion is so great, it has great gas mileage, look at this race today! Ford Fusions are great!"





And that was all off the top of his head, I thought that was kind of funny.|||I agree with all the ones that have been said. But I also have to throw Jamie McMurray in there, whenever he has an interview he first takes a sip of his coke zero then lists off his Crown Royal/ Irwin Industrial Tools Ford Fustion and how well it was. He gets everything in there, sounds like a mouthful to me :)|||Michael Waltrip DEFINITELY!!!


I don't agree with you on Jeff Gordon however. The term "crowbarring", albeit stupid anyway, doesn't apply to how he names his sponsor. He does it at the right time and does it well. I admire your humor but it is Waltrip, not Gordon, who does what you asked.|||Michael Waltrip is the #1 guy at this. Srly. It explains why he still has a ride. He's good to his sponsors and they know they will get maximum exposure with Mickey, regardless of whether the car is doing well, is wrecked, or isn't even present when he refers to the Napa Toyota.|||LOL .Class distinction and talent differential You make me laugh Chief Sitting Bull ( you got the bull part right ) Grow up. These guys get paid millions to get their sponsors names out as part of their contractual obligations. The only class differential I see in here is racing fans and TROLLS. Guess which one you are!!





Oh ya I'd have to say Mikey too.|||I have to agree with Liam. Mikey shoves his sponsors names in everything. No matter how he does he always names all his sponsors. Kenny Wallace is also really good at it.|||I would have to agree with you on Jeff. He always makes sure his sponsors are mentioned whether it be Dupont, Pepsi, National Guard, Department of Defense,etc..





GO 24!!!!|||mikey waltrip by far does the best at putting in sponsers ,the napa/cocacola/gatoraide/yadayadayada was awseome today....he does do the best at it|||Carl Edwards uses a shoe horn


he's pretty smooth


Your right about Gordon though


he says it so convincingly that you would think


that Chevy is made by DuPont|||You know it is really hard to pick just one, I have to say that all the NASCAR racers that I have seen interviewed are very good about naming their sponsor several times during an interview.|||i have to agree lol lol lol the dupont chevy every time


and dont forget when pepsi or nicorrette is on the car for the weekend he still thank dupont for letting them on the car|||Michael Waltrip. He'll fit his sponsor in places it doesn't even make sense sometimes.|||Michael Waltrip and Steven Wallace|||Gee Stymie I wish I could help you!! Nascar is not my fortay, I am more of a Philadelphia Eagles Fan ..love my football!! sorry|||I don't think anyone does this better than Michael Waltrip. He'll get have a dozen sponsors in a single sentence.|||Carl Edwards is number one..


Mikey's days are numbered.. lol


Mikey, look out for that duck..|||I can't really choose one. Jeff does an amazing job, but for some reason when they interview him lately it's seemed to be pretty rushed.





Michael Waltrip, for as sub-par of a driver that he is, has about all the sponsorships in the world on his car. It's quite amazing, really, and then you figure that he's able to slip them in an interview.





One person who I have noticed being able to do an amazing job of getting his sponsors mentioned is Mark Martin. Maybe it's because last year he barely ever got interviewed, but this year he's always able to say "the Kelloggs/Carquest Chevy was amazing today" followed by a "I just hate it for the guys" if he damaged it in the slightest.





If I was a sponsor, I'd be clamoring to get to Hendrick. Not just because of performance, but because all of the drivers have a habit of starting off by mentioning the sponsor. It's not the norm, especially if you listen to some of the "also rans" start to talk during an interview.|||sorry, this is not something to be admired.





imagine the truly great drivers like Senna, Schumacher or Prost name dropping a sponsor during an interview after being run off the track.





no chance, never.. they are the stars, not the sponsor...F1 drivers may do their sponsorship work during the week etc. but in the heat of the moment interview, or in a post race interview this would never happen.





that's maybe to do with class as well as talent differential.

No comments:

Post a Comment