Saturday, November 19, 2011

Am I the only one who cares about green building products?

Every building store whether flooring, cabinets, and every one of my friends and family member could care less about this topic and why I am being so careful on what I remodel and put back into this house I bought. The flooring guy was so irritated that I dare ask about VOC's and my fear of breathing in fumes from adhesives and formaldehyde and the stainmaster products made with dupont. Flor Guy says everything is approved by goverment. I did alot of research because of my health and my families. The cabinet guy too. They say the government wouldn't let it be sold if it was bad for us. Which could sum up an entirely different arguement. I am not even overdoing it like I am sure some people do, I just don't want bad fumes and irritants. Everything to build a house with is bad for us. And to find the healthy stuff local and affordable feom knowledgeable owners.. forget about it. I want to open a green building retailer but would anyone even care? |||You are ahead of the curve. The movement of using sustainable and healthy building supplies is gaining momentum. I went to the 1st green building expo in my city last spring. I was happy to find we have a wonderful organization in my town that can help with green building or remodeling. Those that want to sell you things that aren't healthy will need to adjust their mindset if they want to stay in business. |||yes|||umm yeah other ppl care...|||How much energy is wasted producing these green products?





That's what I love about the libs.|||Pretty much. People don't realize that it is bad. Want to try green cleaning products?





www.stayinhomeandlovinit/kylier|||Just because the government says it's okay, doesn't mean it is. Not everything to build a house with is bad for us. I care about green products but I think they are waaaaay over priced!!! I saw some awesome counter tops once that were like 4 times the price of the regular "bad" ones. So until the prices change, people stop getting greedy about recycled products, then I don't really care enough to buy them. If you opened a shop I'd hope you made things a bit more affordable! You'd make a bundle just because you would come in lower. Good Luck!|||I am confused but what you mean as "green"! Paint, carpet, insulation, flooring, etc, and just about everything has to be environmentally safe. You could move to a cave, but then you would have to deal with Radon gas which is 100 percent natural, but not exactly green, and very lethal!|||I'm sure people will care i mean with global warming and things like that but you should make them affordable i mean no one will buy them if they can't aford them |||Unfortunately you're talking to the crowd that thinks they have something to lose. There's people that do care (*Raises hand*), it just takes some work to find them and it won't be the salesman that thinks he's about to lose your business.|||You're not the only one. There has been a lot of talk lately about using bamboo for flooring instead of hardwoods. Bamboo grows so fast it is far more renewable than hardwood trees, and harvesting it has much less impact on the environment.||| i think it's a great idea i am only 14 and i hope to one day have a safe environment and family.|||I bet such a store would do great, in teh right place, with the right advertising.|||People do care, but when you insist that people overpay for sub par green products, that is the divergence. If you state your preference up front and are willing to pay, more power to you.|||go for it. I'm sure many people would switch to your store in a heart beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment