Saturday, November 19, 2011

My mom just lost her job. What should I do?

My mom has been working at Bank of America for 14 years. She has gotten numerous award for her attendance and as well as how hard she worked. Recently there has been an incident that caused her to get introuble and it ended with her getting fired. But what seemed so fishy to me was that they didn't give her no papers after she got fired. Well I over heard my mom talking about how the person who fires you need to get you papers or something like that I don't know. But my mom is taking them to court for it. Any way I'm so hurt. I'm 16 and is currently on summer break. I have a 14 year old brother as well as a father who works at dupont but I would guess that he makes about 20,000 to 35,000 a year. It was a struggle for my parents to provide us food and clothes when my mom was working. Now I could imagine how its going to be now. I mean my mom has so much experience and with how the economy is I'm not sure if she'll get a job soon. I applied at so many places . None has called me back and everytime I call the place I applied at they always give an excuse. I really want to help my mom. She's starting to apply at places like crazy ( she just got fired yesterday ). My mom is also bilingual spanish and english, so I'm not sure if that helps at all? My mom also wants to apply for food stamps and unemployment. How doese that work? Are we eligable? If so how much would we get? I need help. She's starting to get depressed and I'm starting to get depressed as well. We had so much plans this summer as well as for my last year of highschool. I have so much expenses to pay . I'm trying to find a job but its so hard. What should I do !? Please help.|||You should stop worrying about it and just be a kid. Your parents will take of it, they are adults and they know what to do. It would be good if you could get job over summer. Maybe you can work at a community farm or garden in your area and bring home food for your family. You parents will take care of the food stamps and stuff, you don't need to worry about it. Also grocery stores are a good place to look for work and they often give a discount to employees for food.

No comments:

Post a Comment