Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Recommendation of a good fountain pen?

I'd like to buy a good fountain pen.


But I'm not in a high position in my company, so it won't be for signing a contract, etc.


Fountain pens with thick writing are not recommendable to me, I guess.


I'd like to practise hand-writing, keep a diary, write letters, etc.


Not for decorating the pocket of my shirt with expensive fountain pens like some snobbish colleagues around me.





And I don't know a lot about fountain pens.


Some people say that fountain pens have some charm that ball-point pens don't have.


What kind of fountain pen would be suitable for me?


I know that there are many well-known manufacturers of fountain pens such as Mont Blanc, S.T. Dupont, Waterman, Parker, etc.|||I love writing with a fountain pen and like Mont Blanc and Waterman. However, it isn't a one-size fit all as we have different hand sizes, pressure, etc. In the old days you could walk into a store that office supplies, etc. and they would have several for you to try so that you could get a feel for what felt best. I don't know that today's Staples, Office Max, or maybe even a Hallmark would allow if you don't have one of those really old fashioned stores around but you could check out pens on-line and see what their return policy is. If it is a good pen they should allow you to return it if it doesn't work for you. I think writing with a fountain pen makes you slow down and think more about what you are writing and improves your penmanship - especially in a journal. Enjoy whatever you get as nothing writes better than a wonderful fountain pen! (I also think it says a lot about the person using it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment