Saturday, November 19, 2011

Looking for a Mechanical Engineering internship this summer?

Hey everyone I'm looking for a ME internship this summer but I'm having a rough time. I was told by my advisors that it would be really easy because engineers are in such short supply, and in theory that is indeed true. Yet, I can't find to find a job (intern) anywhere near where I love (Richmond, VA region - my zip code is 23060) The only company (that I know of anyway) that seems to have anything is Dominion and Dupont, can anyone knowledgeable in the field of engineering tell me all of the company websites I should check out? I don't know nearly as much as I should... I know. I've tried random search engines but it's really quite difficult. Going through all this makes me truly feel sorry for those that are looking for jobs that truly are highly competitive, wow.|||do you have a co-op placement as part of your program? Some colleges/university do have a few placements as a part of your diploma/degree progam.





I was lucky that I had a field placement in high school and college. It helped me alot!





Searching is really tough though. The only thing I could suggest going through the government website or checking out your local employment centre.





Good luck and dont give up hope!





Its too bad if you live in Canada - I could give you some a few links where to go. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment