Saturday, November 19, 2011

Paint questions: PPG Deltron base coat/clear coat?

Im reading the tech sheet on some ppg paint I picked up from a store closing sale, And read something I though was a bit strange, or at least strange to me. The paint is PPG Deltron 2000 base-coat. It says wait 20 Min's before clear coat, but no longer then 24hrs. After 24hrs it (the base) must be scuffed and new basecoat applied. Why does it need to reapplied after 24hrs?


Its not a issue for me, I normally spray clear coat within an hour. I don't understand why clear can not be sprayed after 24hrs. This is my first time spraying PPG paint. I spray dupont paint for a living and Nason Ful-base b/c nor Chroma-base says anything about a time limit for clear coat.


Does the clear need the base to be fresh to bond to it? or what?|||My guess is the base needs to be fresh in order for proper bonding to take place. But, to be sure, I would ask the experts:


https://corporateportal.ppg.com/NA/Refin鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment