Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Philly: Where's the beef?

So my girlfriend and I went to Philadelphia for the first time and asked a few locals from school where the best places to get a good feel of the fun shopping/retailing somewhat touristy parts of Philly would be. I was told go to the Franklin Institute, and then check out walnut, chestnut, and south streets.





Loved the franklin institute, but once we got out into the city, I didn't find much at all that was too interesting on those three streets. I found no good restaurants, not really that good of shopping on walnut/chestnut, and South street which I was expecting to be funky and fun looked dirty to be honest, enough that my girlfriend wanted to turn around.





I'm used to the equivalent areas of Boston, like Newbury Street and Downtown Crossing, and Quincy Market's square as well as Washington's Eastern Market and DuPont Circle, both of which to me seemed so much better that Philly really disappointed me.





So Philly, wheres the beef? Were my expectations really set too high, or did I just miss out on seeing a better part of Philly?|||what exactly were you looking for?


sounds like you didnt do much in philly.





what you should do next time -





is go to the art museum and see rocky and the exhibits. check out the eastern state penitetntiary. even walking around during the day is scary. if you are into upscale shopping there are lot of cute stores in old city by race/arch/market bw 2nd and 4th street. for real weird people and weird shopping you should go to south street. if you want a boring mall drive your car to king of prussia - biggest mall in the north east. or franklin mills mall biggest outlet mall in north east philly (little trashy)





as for food, the food in philly is great if you know where you're going.





for dinner (no order)


continental


cuba libre


tangerine


budakhan


pod


morimoto


amada


audry claire


dimitris


barclay prime ( i hear if you are streak person)


fogo de cho (if you like meat on a rack brought to you)


rose tattoo


alma de cuba


roys





for ice cream/deserts


capogiro


naked chocolate





quick cheap eats


reading terminal market


jim's steaks


maoz falafel


potbellys


quedoba


five guys


mizo (on walnut and 20)|||LOL. wow

No comments:

Post a Comment