Tuesday, November 15, 2011

What are Anolon non-stick pots and pans made of?

We have Anolon pots and pans and have had them for a bunch of years. With all I've heard about the possible dangers of certain non-stick cooking surfaces and of placing things in the dishwasher, I have some health questions:





(1) Is Anolon Titanium (with Dupont's Autograph coating) as safe as stainless steel?


(2) If you burn an Anolon pot (because, let's say, you forget that you were boiling water and just kept cooking the pot), should you just recycle/throw away the pot?


(3) Anolon says they're dishwasher safe, but lots of people don't put non-stick in the dishwasher. Are they dishwasher safe (as I assume as long as you use mild detergents) or not?


(4) Any other thoughts?





I'm in my 40s and don't think it matters much to me anymore, but I've got an 8 year old, so I'd like to take health precautions when they're reasonable. Thanks!|||Hi Stuck, Anolon sounds like a variation of teflon - probably similar stuff but the name is trademarked. I would not put them in the dishwasher as some detergents can be acidic and as you know the price of pots these days are astronomical. Unless the lining is actually flaking I would still use them. I hope this helps,all the best.Rab

No comments:

Post a Comment