Tuesday, November 15, 2011

(please answer)Character name help!?

I haven't really figured out a specific look for her, but she has a headstrong personality. She was raised in a very rich, elaborate french family. (Story takes place in 1600/1700's).





Here are my first name choices:





Margeruite


Genevieve


Eleanor


Desiree


Fleur


Yvette


Claudette


Celeste


Soliel





~~~~~





And for the guy char!!! (almost same personality as the girl):





Lucien


Leon


Dion


Gerard


Gable


Frederic


Roland


Ruelle


Fabien





~~~~~~~~~





Aaaand Last name choices! (different last names for both chars...)








Dupont


Chevalier


Boucher


LeBlanc


Lapierre


LaRue


Audereit














I appreciate the help!!! :D|||Margeruite ~ I like it. But it's sort of a handful to say.


Genevieve ~ Gorgeous.


Eleanor ~ No. I don't really like this one.


Desiree ~ Really Pretty! I really like this one!


Fleur ~ No, it's already in HP.


Yvette ~ Again nice.


Claudette ~ No, not really. Someone would call her Claude for short. Sounds boyish.


Celeste ~ Its okay.


Soliel ~ Is this like So-lay? If so, it's nice, but Idk for a name.





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





Lucien ~ Eh, no.


Leon ~ Yes. Leon, Lennox, I love these.


Dion ~ Sort of. Sounds girly.


Gerard ~ Butler! No, just kidding. Idk, its weird. "Hey Gerard." "What's up Gerard?" Huh?


Gable ~ I like it. It's like Cabel.


Frederic ~ Yeah, not bad.


Roland ~ LOVE. BEYOND LOVE.


Ruelle ~ Not sure. Is it Roo-elle? If it is then naaah.


Fabien ~ Faaaahhhhbien. Faaaaahhhhbieen. Yea, okay.





*Might I add Gavin to that list. I've always had a thing for that and it sounds kind of oldish.





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





Dupont ~ Dooponnt. Yaa.


Chevalier ~ Gorgeous for the girl. Actually, I know someone with this last name.


Boucher ~ Is it Boo-shay? Cause then its pretty. If not it looks like Butcher.


LeBlanc ~ I could imagine a character being name 'Louis LeBlanc'.


Lapierre ~ Again, Leon Lapierre.


LaRue ~ LaRue. So French. Like it.


Audereit ~ I have no idea how to say this one.|||Hm, I like the name flear the best, who cares if it's in another movie/book? Get over it.

Report Abuse


|||Personally, I use placeholder names for characters when I start a story and then, when I go back to revise it, I look at the character arc and decide what the name should be.





For the girl, considering the brief description you gave, I would go with Soleil (It means sun, I think). Rich and headstrong, the apple of her parent's eye, naming her sun would seem to fit. LeBlanc would be my best guess for a last name, because it seems to go with Soleil





For the guy, considering the name I picked for the girl, I'd say Dion. Why? In Latin-ate languages it's close to day (particularly in Spanish). Sun and Day go together well. Can't figure a good last name for him.|||My favorite name is Leon (none of the name combinations go together, i can't choose last name)|||Celest Boucher and Dion LaRue.|||Leon

No comments:

Post a Comment