Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Walmart As A Sponsor?

I just heard that it's a possibility Walmart could be joining Hendricks as a sponsor. I wonder which driver would it be the receiver? I don't see Jeff and DuPont breaking or Jimmie and Lowe's. Could Walmart wind up being Kahne's primary sponsor in 2012?





It will be interesting to find out! (If there is actually any truth to this or not.)|||That's not right. Walmart cannot even give their employees any benefits. I know people who boycott Walmart because they use work camps in other countries, and have laborers who struggle to make a living, making Walmart products, and then shipped to the U.S.A. Walmart needs to take care of their own employees in this country first (at least). It would be an embarrassment to have Walmart as a NASCAR sponsor. I think it's wrong,


http://wakeupwalmart.com/workers/





http://action.americanrightsatwork.org/a…





http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/dnfl…|||Many different rumors have been swirling around. First I heard it might just become Gordon's sponsor for some races, but lately I've been hearing that Walmart could end up sponsoring the whole Hendrick Motorsports team. Whether that means primary schemes for races for all 4 drivers, I don't know, but Walmart might be on everyone's uniform and/or car.





I don't think DuPont is going to leave completely, they will sponsor him for at least SOME races, but as for Walmart, it could sponsor the majority of the races for Gordon next year.|||Walmart has a visual identity. They could paint the car walmart blue. Dupont doesn't, I always think of dupont with the oval trademark, I look at # 24 and I don't associate it with any of dupont's products. "24" is painted on the sides, they could put the word "open" above it and "hours" below it.|||I heard Dupont is going to cut back, some how I just do not see Wal-mart as a sponsor for Jeff Gordon, but its hard getting sponsors now, I heard something about Wal-mart being a merchandiser for Nascar. Oh the silly season has really begun. But i'm sure Jeff would do Wal-mart proud, Heck put it on Mark Martins car for his last yr, he is from Arkansas where Wal-marts headqtrs is.





Go Dale Jr|||I completely DISagree with Fluffy. First, Nascar sponsorship is not fun money, it's advertising. So what if WalMart employees aren't paid well - None of them are forced to work there. If any Walmart employee feels he/she is underpaid, they have every right in this country to search for a better opportunity. It's what makes America so great. As far as American made products, Walmart is going to do whatever is best for their bottom line, just like any business in this country. A business exists only to make a profit. All I hear is unjustified complaints about Walmart but everytime I go in one, it's packed - with shoppers and employees. No one likes to mention the great prices, which make the company very successful and thus able to employ tens of thousands of people!|||I had also heard something about Jeff's DuPont sponsorship ending. Which really makes me sad. I would hate to see his car changed it's been the same for as long as I've been a fan, (and as long as I've been alive :P) but no Walmart sponsorship is gonna change the way I feel about him as a driver, he'll always be my favorite!(:





Here's an article:


http://bleacherreport.com/articles/13427…|||Now think about this: does Jeff Gordon strike you as a Wal-Mart sort of guy? Seriously. Just like the Bud deal with Kasey Kahne. Not a good match! BUT, Wal-Mart and Kasey Kahne might work. But seriously, don't you sort of see a different "type" of driver with Wal-Mart as a sponsor? Someone who actually looks like he/she might actually shop at a Wal-Mart?|||Drivers could not hold a candle to the whiners in here...after a driver completes a 500 mile race, in the heat, and speeds up to 200+.,then let him say something you do not agree with, he is a whinnier...and here people are, bitchin' about sponsors...if you have no desire to go and shop at Wal-Mart just keep your fat @ss out of their stores..if Wal-Mart sponsored Jr...to the masses would be the greatest event ever..hard to believe..|||No, I think it is going to be the #24 car. I heard somewhere that DuPont was backing off and WalMart would be picking up the slack. How much I don't know. What a trade off...Walmart in place of DuPont.|||i heard dupont does not want to sponsor 30+ races, and they are cutting back, how much i dont know, and walmart might pick up what is left on the table, again, im just repeating all these correct answers|||Yeah.... the #24 is gonna get Walmart. Dupont is supposedly giving up primary sponsorship of Jeff and Walmart might be the new sponsor....... Do you think Jeff will run blue and yellow flames next year for Walmart?|||Absolutely with fluffy on this one. Try walking in a WAL-MART store and see how long it takes you to find something actually made in this country.


I realize we need the sponsors but not WalMArt...anyone but them.|||After years of slashing prices, at the cost of employee wages, Wallyworld execs have now figured out another way to spend company money that doesn't benefit any of their hardworking employees.|||I always thought that walmart was a penny pinching,non incured cuttin back hours company|||i will verify what hootie said i read the same.


i also heard walmart may become a merchandiser for nascar.|||i heard as part of the deal gordon has to work as a wal-mart greeter 2 days a week.|||Hell to the no. Walmart is horrible company that abuses it's employees, but wait then it would be fit for HMS.....|||Why not? The corporation has enough money. If Walmart was a country, it would be the seventh largest in the world.|||If Walmart becomes a sponsor I will quit watching... seriously.|||Imagine that putting two crooks together (Hendricks in nascar and Wal Mart bigggest crook in retail)

No comments:

Post a Comment