Saturday, November 19, 2011

Outside of America, who are some of your favorite INTERNATIONAL ballet dancers?

I don't want to sound rude with the caps. I did that because I know that some people don't always answer the question like it's asked. And...I know...I've probably been guilty of the same thing, too.





I like Mathieu Ganio, and Aurelie Dupont (in La Sylphide!). No one could be more beautiful than Aurelie is, in that one. I love 'La Sylphide'. And Mathieu couldn't be any hotter than he is in 'Morel et Saint - Loup', from 'Proust'. I think when God made the male body, he made Mathieu. Stephane's really good, too. There's something I like about him. In 'La Dame aux Camelias', he reminds me of Frankenfurter. Anyway...he's very sexy with Agnes Letestu.





There are some who have danced in America, but I still consider them to be international...such as Roberto Bolle, and Angel Corella. I love Angel. I'm still working on Roberto, though.





There are more women than I've mentioned, that distract me from the guys. For instance, Natalia Makarova, will take my focus off of Mikhail Baryshnikov, in the 'Live From Lincoln Center' production of 'Giselle'.





So...you know my question. I hope you'll answer it.|||Many dancers in American companies are international dancers. Roberto is beautiful. I think you may just like the shorter more athletic male dancers. Tall male dancers dance differently but are exquisite just the same. Just look at Roberto's line when he dances. The don't have the same physic that the little ones like Misha and Angel have. It is a much different aesthetic. I am surprised you haven't mentioned Daniil Simkin. This young soloist with ABT just did his first lead as Basil in Don Q last week, He has an arabesque that most male dancers cannot achieve. Also about 5'6 tall. His technique is impeccable.|||I like Carlos Acosta from the Royal Ballet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment